All press releases will be reviewed by ChainWire’s editorial team prior to publication. Once approved, it will be published on the date specified in the submission. ChainWire will contact you if there are any problems with your submission.
For a press release to be approved, it must meet the following content guidelines in full:
- Press releases must contain newsworthy content or announcements, and be written in the appropriate press release format. If you are unsure of the format or type of content to be included in a press release, then please refer to the ChainWire Press Release writing guide.
- The content of the news should be related to blockchain or cryptocurrencies. If the company or entity issuing the news isn’t already operating in the blockchain or cryptocurrency niche, it should be evident from the content of the press release how the news is relevant to the niche.
- The headline should clearly indicate the news that the press release conveys and the source of the news. In most cases, the source will be the company or entity issuing the press release.
- You may include one image within the release. Please make sure image is formatted correctly (see acceptable file types below.
- All press releases must provide up-to-date contact details of the issuing company or its representatives.
- All press releases must specify a date of publication.
- Make sure all backlinks are working and direct to the desired web page.
- Each press release may include up to 5 backlinks.
- Content should be factual and accurate. It should not contain speculative or opinion-based statements.
- If another company than the one issuing the announcement is mentioned in the press release, permission from an authorized representative of the named company should be sought prior to submitting the press release.
- All content must be original and unique. Templated or copyrighted content is not permitted.
- Submitted content must be in any of the following file formats: .doc, .pdf, .jpg, .png, etc
For a press release to be approved, it must meet the following style guidelines in full:
- Press releases should be a maximum of 700 words in total. This includes the title, initial summary, and “about” section.
- Use clear and concise language. Press releases must be written in English and be free of spelling and grammar mistakes. If abbreviations or acronyms are used, please ensure these are explained.
- All press releases must use objective language and be free of advertising or hype. Please refrain from using superlatives and adjectives that are subjective in nature and do not objectively represent people or companies in question. Exclamation points, capitalizing entire words, and terms of direct address such as “you” or “we” should be avoided.
- Quotes should be clearly indicated in quotation marks and attributed to the source by name, job title, and company.
- The use of links should be kept to a minimum and no more than one link per ~150 words.
- Non-standard formatting including elements such as tables, forced line breaks, HTML tags, and non-standard characters should not be used.
ChainWire does not accept press releases containing any of the following types of content:
- Casinos and Online Gambling: Press releases that promote or link to online gambling sites, casinos, fantasy sports leagues, or any kind of “pay to play” service will not be published.
- Pornography or Sexually Explicit Content: Press releases promoting or containing content or links to sexually explicit material or products will not be published. Websites targeted at the over-18 age group will be considered sexually explicit.
- Intent to Harm: ChainWire will not publish any content or links to content that intends to harm any individual, group, or company. This includes, but is not limited to, content that expresses hatred, racism, or violent intent, or intent to cause malicious damage to a company’s stock or ability to do business. It also covers potentially harmful personal opinions expressed in quote form.
- Illegal Material: Press releases that contain references to or promote any kind of illegal content will not be published. This includes, but is not limited to, copyrighted material or content that has already been published on other websites, as well as content about ongoing unresolved legal disputes.
- Online Pharmaceuticals and Health Supplements: Press releases that promote or link to websites or online pharmacies selling prescription drugs will not be published. This also includes products claiming to provide sexual enhancement, unsafe weight loss products, and unapproved or misleading health supplements.
- Scams, Easy Money and Pyramid Schemes: ChainWire will not publish any press release containing content or links to known scams, “get-rich-quick,” or pyramid schemes.
- SEO: Unethical SEO practices are not permitted in published press releases. This includes oversaturating content with keywords and the buying and selling of links. Published press releases may be removed retroactively if they are found to contain an abnormally high number of inbound links.
ChainWire editorial reserves the right to issue edits to releases in order to preserve the integrity of the Wire service and the quality of releases forwarded to its publishers. ChainWire editorial will have the final say in determining whether or not any press release is published.
ChainWire does not take responsibility for the content posted through the wire, including the veracity and authenticity of claims and statements published through its releases. In case of any claims of malpractice or breach of trust, the client will assume full responsibility for any content posted on ChainWire and its adjunct publications.